1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760sw VS 760lt

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by NDdude, Dec 10, 2005.

1. NDdude

NDdude Junior Member

I've basically got my mind set on a Blizzard plow for my 00' F150 but I'm having problems deciding which one to put on :dizzy: I think it is safe to say that atleast 75% of my work will be with residental drives, larger drives but still residential. I would assume this means that I will be backdragging a lot (I did snow removal a few years ago with a skidsteer and usually would backdrag from the grage doors then pile in the yard). The 760lt would be perfect for this, but for the lots that I would end up doing and a couple storage garage parks it would kind of be a pain with overflow on the sides (this could be overcome with wings). The 760sw would be good for both really, especially with the lots and storage garage parks but my only concern is backdragging with it. I've heard of a lot of problems with the 810 and the wings jamming, when I look at pictures of the 760sw it looks like it would be just as bad as the 810 if not worse!

I guess my main question is: Is it ok to backdrag with the 760sw? I know there are a couple people on the forums with the SW series installed so I would especially like to hear from them and their experiences. Thanks!!

2. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Go for the speedwing if you can get one. If you are going to do a lot of back dragging, you can pin the wings straight. The wing issue is not the same as on the power plows. On those, you would be putting pressure on the hydraulics if the wing was extended and not in the scoop position. I have had no problems back dragging with my 760sw in the scoop position. One long driveway that took 5 to 6 passes with my old fisher 7’6”MM now only takes 3. Plus if you do pin it straight, it's 8’7” wide.payup

3. NDdude

NDdude Junior Member

From the looks of the pictures on the site all the springs and cables that are used for the wings are exposed from the back.. Is this actually the case? Or are there peices that cover all of that good stuff?

Also, I know you've just recently mounted that 760sw on your Expedition, how does that truck handle the plow?

4. truckie36

truckie36 Member

The plow squats the truck about 1.5" in the raised position. The truck handles good down the road, but it will hit on a big bump. I'm looking into putting air springs on the front. I would think that an 00' F150 would have a bit more ride height. The springs and cables are exposed, but I don't think that snow getting in there would ever hurt anything. I took some more pictures for you.

pict0426.JPG

PICT0426c.JPG

PICT0426d.JPG

5. brad_diesel

brad_diesel Junior Member

I've got a 760sw on my expedition, what a set-up, best decision i ever made, 4 times out with it and not 1 problem. only pinned left wing straight once to get close to left edge, otherwise its used in the scoop position all the time. no problems back dragging, or with snow clogging anything. The expedition handles it very well. I did put the timbrens in it just to be safe, only drops 1/2 inch when plow is raised. good luck finding a sw though, from what i hear, there are none left, at least in wisconsin and bordering states. very limited production on a new concept. I almost had to settle for a 760lt. Thank goodness for the 1 last call i made. good luck, hope this helps

6. brad welch

brad welch Member

760 speedwing plow for sale

i have 1 760 speedwing left in stock for sale if interested also an 860 and 810 left my building was just sold and i must move lots of stuff quickly brad 217-520-7569

7. brad welch

brad welch Member

760 speedwing for sale

i have 1 760 speedwing 1 860 straightblade and an 810 left to sell if anyone can help my building was sold and i must sell so as not to have to move as much217-520-7569

8. NDdude

NDdude Junior Member

Thats a nice offer... but I hate to see what freight would be to ND :dizzy:

9. brad welch

brad welch Member

freight

sent one to canada for less than 300 bucks couldnt be that bad might want to check