1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760LT scrap decision

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Chiputz, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Hi Folks, I just picked up a 2005 760LT for $200. Here's the questions, the previous owner was running hydraulic jack oil in the system and fried the pump. Don't ask me why he did it. Besides the pump, the plow side harness should be replaced or repaired as the pins are pretty corroded and he had been having issues with the plow malfunctioning. Here's the situation, a new pump is $200, plow side harness is $250, a mount for my 2001 Ram 1500 is another $350. I'm not sure if the hydraulic cylinders need to be rebuilt after being run with jack oil. I'm debating just scrapping the plow. Any advice? Thanks.
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Fix it. New ones are'nt built as good as the one you have, in my opinion. Even if you invest $1000.00, new plow is $4500.00, plus, you're from the town where it was built!!

Just flush the whole system, and after installing the new pump it should be good to go.
  3. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

I keep tossing around fixing it. When I bought it I was told it was just the pump and it would be good to go. After I started looking at the plow when I got it back here the rest of the issues were pretty evident. I guess he didn't beleive in preventive maintenance. There are a few people I know that worked at the plant here. They have some leftover parts and mounts left from when the plant closed. If I put $1000 into this blade I just wonder how it will hold up... I've always had Western ProPlows on my trucks but my old Chevy is on it's last leg and this was intended to replace that rig. Thanks for the reply.
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'v got pumps, I think we talked about the mount. I'd fix it.
  5. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Hey Fastjohnny, we did talk about a mount. I'll get with you if I decide to do it, I'm still up in the air.
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If you want to scrap it let me know, may have to drive to the UP. Haven't been in your town for years but would have some interest if you want to scrap it.

Regards Mike
  7. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

if you scrap it would like to buy the light tower