1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760LT Questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by csdisme, Feb 27, 2010.

1. csdisme

csdisme Junior Member

My 760LT started popping fuses today after 5 years of virtually no trouble at all. The problem is it happened so suddenly I didn't notice exactly what I was doing when it happened. Now the plow blade wont move at all and is only about 2" inches off the ground and is turned to the left. Every time I move the joystick at all, in any direction, the fuse pops. I think I was turning the blade, but I'm not 100% sure. The inline fuse doesn't go, just the one in the fuse panel.

My question is, I have heard of the S5 coil going bad, but do the S3 or S4 coils go as well? If they do, is it possible for them to be shorted out in a way that they could be causing an immediate problem like I described. The system seemed to be working fine up until that point.

I know the coils are easy to remove, but when you replace them, do you just snip the wires and splice in the new coil with butt connectors and shrink tube?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help, I appreciate it.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Check your wiring. Truck and plow side as well as the connector. Good chance there is green stuff and water in the connector.

3. csdisme

csdisme Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I took apart the main connector and blew it out with the air hose and cleaned each pin. I also checked the toggle switch connector and coil connector as well (just to be thorough) and the problem persists. The second I move the joystick handle in any direction the fuse at the panel will pop. I cant move the plow at all.

Any other suggestions?

4. Rabbitiswise

Rabbitiswise Junior Member

What year is the plow?

My cousin just had this issue other than he was popping the inline fuse(key on power). Plus the plow kept dropping(wouldn't stay up). Come to find out the way the connector(truck side to plow side) was manufactured they are shorting out inside the connector. So depending on the year of the plow this may be it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. csdisme

csdisme Junior Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I have found the problem. Apparently the large wiring bundle on the truck side had gotten caught when I was mounting the plow. There was nothing you could see because of the mesh covering unless you looked closely and then you could see where there where 4 wires that had been torn open or broken and grounding out. I repaired the wires and wrapped the area heavily with tape plus tie wrapped the bundle out of the way.

Thanks again.