1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760LT Cutting Edge(Rubber or Steel)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Rabbitiswise, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Rabbitiswise

Rabbitiswise Junior Member

Ok...i am getting about a year and a half out of my steel cutting edge. I have majority asphalt lots, and only a couple stone drives.
    Upon some research i came across this place in California that has 1500psi (1.5 or 2" thick) or 2000psi (1" thick) rubber cutting edges. It would save me about 40 bucks. They claim it doesn't have as much vibrations or shock when hitting unseen things, and less noise(which the 3 hotels i do may like)
    I am just wondering if anyone has used a rubber cutting edge to say if it works as go or better, and if it lasted as long or longer than steel?

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Great for light fluffy snow or slush. Not so good at scraping hard pack and ice. Will be quieter and prevent damage-last 2x + longer.

Now, with that said-I would make a decision on your needs. Don't let $40 sway you over a 1 1/2 season period. If you are not making at least $6000 over that period, something else is wrong. $40 bucks is such small % of total-I'm not sure I could get a correct %. Better to grow you business and increase your profits by developing customers.