1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7600LT Won't Move

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by gghamm, Jan 30, 2011.

1. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

I've got a 2 year old 7600LT on an 05 F150 that I don't know what I should check next on. A couple weeks back in one of the bigger storms to hit CT, I bent the power toggle switch, and it kept losing power to the controller in the cab (the ligh just blinks). Well I replaced the toggle and while I was at it, cleaned both main wire connections and put ni new dielectric grease. For a week everything was fine, but then in the middle of plowing last week the plow just stops responding to any controls. The in cab controller always clinks when I turn it on (with the toggle in the plowing position); and when I try and control it from the light tower toggles, nothing at all hapens.

I've checked and power from the battey is getting to the solenoid for the plow pump. The Black/orange ground wire on the light tower is not crimped or broken anywhere. The plow lights turn on when I turn on my headlights. No fuses, either under the hood or on the plw are blown. I managed to get the truck home and jacked it up which allowed me to pull he clevis pin so I could get the plow off the truck for now. I'm not sure what to check next. I've been searching this forum and most things seem to point to the 11 pin or the power wire harnesses, which at this point I have cleaned excessively with electrical parts cleaner and put fresh dielectric grease in. I wish I knew someone else i the area (notheast CT) with a 7600LT so I could pull my truck up to their plow and hopefully narrow down if its something on the truck side of the harness or the plow side. Anyone have specific wires I could check to help fiure out what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

does the power hitch switch still operate and is there power a the solenoid on the plow you need a helper to check when checking operation does it click

3. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

The power hitch does not work. The positive power wire from the battery feed is live at the pump solenoid. When I use the controls on the light tower, what kind of a reading should I expect to get using a multieter on the signal wire of the solenoid?

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

when activating a function is the solenoid powering the motor

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

also did u check a four small amp fuses

6. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

I double-checked the fuses, I found 3 5amp fuses on the plow and 2 10am fuses under the hood by the control module. All the fuses looked good. Are there any others I missed?

While using the controls on the light tower, I had someone help me check the main solenoid (or maybe I should call it a relay) on top of the motor. The large gauge wire coming from the truckand both of the small wires were showing a possitive reading coming from the battery. When activating a function, the large wire going out to the motor did not have any signal.

I'm not sure how to go about testing all of the valve coils that sit on top of the manifold assembly. I could probably get he test lead from my multimeter in by the control module, but wouldn't know what signal to expect from which pins.

PS, sorry if I'm getting any terminology wrong, I have been looking through a bunch of tech docs from the Blizzad site trying to see if I could find any good troubleshooting help and it has at least given me a source of part names and numbers since I don't have much experience fixing plows only owning this one for personal use.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

8. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

Ok, I'll give my local dealer a call today about a solenoid. So a bad solenoid will make the power light on the in cab controller blink when the main toggle is set to Plow? I appreciate the comments and steps in diagnosing this, if/when this happens again I'll probably keep a spare and will be able to figure it out a lot quicker on my own.

9. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

Picked up a new relay today and got it installed when I got home from work and nothing changed. Light tower controls still get no reaction and when I throw the toggle to Plow and try and use the in cab contrller, the power light still blinks.

While picking up the solenoid, I asked if the shop could take a look at it and they told me they are completely booked for service for at least the next month. Any other suggestions, because with another foot of snow on its way in the next couple days I'm feeling quite SOL.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Does your plow have security guard?

11. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

Not that I am aware of. I know I have never set up any security code. I had literally been out plowing for 3 or 4 hours last week when it just stopped responding for no apparent reason. Is there any way to know if I have security guard and don't realize it?

12. damian

damian Senior Member

check the plowside harness where it leaves the pump motor and goes near the light bar,we have seen these routed wrong and get pinched between a-frame and light bar when plow is lifted

13. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

I am assuming you are referring to the black/orange ground wire which is run independantly from other wires on the plow harness. I've checked that one over and can't find any spots where it looks like its crimped or broken. Where does that wire go after it connects back into the wire loom under the drivers side light? I would do a continuity check on that wire if I could get to both ends of it.

14. gghamm

gghamm Junior Member
    from CT

For anyone interested, it ended up being the Plow Control Module that had gone bad. I asked the guy at the repair shop and he said its rare but they have seen this a couple times this year so its not unheard of.