1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760 Speedwing on a 04 Expedition

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by truckie36, Dec 3, 2005.

1. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Here are some installation shots.:)

PICT0427.JPG

PICT0428.JPG

PICT0429.JPG

PICT0430.JPG

PICT0431.JPG

2. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Here are the rest.

PICT0432.JPG

PICT0433.JPG

PICT0434.JPG

PICT0435.JPG

3. wls

wls Senior Member

Nice looking setup:)

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Very nice....

I have a 99 Expedition that I put a Snoway on in 2002. That was basically the only choice that I had. Not sorry about it, of course, as it as been 100% reliable, but I would have like to put something like you have on it.

I haven't looked at the Blizzard website since looking at your posts - did you have to do anything special to the truck to handle that? How much does the whole thing weigh? Can you give me a rough idea as to what it cost you? Where did your purchase it (I see you're in Upstate NY - I'm in the Syracuse area)

Thanks

5. truckie36

truckie36 Member

I got the plow from Warner's Auto in Granville for $4045 over the counter. The installed price there was $4295 but I like to do it myself. They only got 2 of these plows this season and the other one went on their shop truck. I haven't done anything to the suspension yet. Right now it squats the front about 1.5 inches in the raised position. Blizzard says the plow weighs 596 pounds. The mount weighed 77 pounds according to the ups sticker, not sure if that is included in the 596 spec. It handles nice down the road with the plow on. The Expedition is an NBX which is the off road upgrade to an XLT. I believe that gives it stiffer shocks but I'm not sure if the springs are any stiffer. Now all I need is some snow.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

7. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

keep an eye on those wings.been alot of problems with them freezing up and bending..

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

That is AWESOME !!!!:yow!:

9. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Here is a picture of the controller and auxiliary back up lights.

PICT0436.JPG

PICT0437.JPG

PICT0438.JPG

PICT0439.JPG

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nice looking plow!! But that poor Ford looked like it was eating dirt with the plow up in the air...Time for a boost??

11. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Looks good, looks like it handles it pretty well too. Is it just me or are the modern day suv's closer to the ground and way less utility like then the older suvs.

12. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Here are a few stacking shots.:)

pict0426.JPG

pict0427.JPG

PICT0428.JPG

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  13. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

hey truckie, are those back up lights the KC reverse/floodlights. I just bought a pair. Have them mounted and the green power wire run from the battery to the back of my truck only to realize the Relay is missing...4-5 days before i get it and can see what i'm gonna hit when i am backing up :nod:
    how do you like them so far?

14. truckie36

truckie36 Member

I went with the $19.99 cheapies from NAPA (7355748). I figured that if I back into something and wreck them, they were only 10 bucks each. Their mount is quite versatile and solid. My frame rails already had holes to mount them to and I just wired them into the back up wire on the 7 pin trailer harness. They work quite well. Plowing with an Expedition you definitely need them to back up safely at night.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  15. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

Thank you for the pictures Truckie36!!!! that looks awsome. Do you have any pictures of the front of your expedition without the plow on it. I just want to see how low the push beam looks on the front of your rig being its almost the same thing as my F150.

Also, how hard is it to pin the wings back to make them straight??

Again thanks, those pictures are awsome.