1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760 Speedwing hinge pin

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bhmjwp, Feb 6, 2014.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

2 Speedwings-8 years and never had a wing hinge break! Any tips on installing? Picking up part today and looking to get installed on Sat, at least 30 degrees!

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Just changed mine in my 8600sw last week. Just lock the wing with a pin to take the spring tension off of it. Getting the roll pin out was the hardest part. My plow is three years old and always covered in fluid it film and it was still a pain. Once the roll pin is out the hinge pins will fall out. Getting the new ones in is easy. After you do it once it goes quick.

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thank you for the quick response! Will get on it Sat. After getting all the snow off, I notice the top hole for the pin, moldboard side is oblong, do you think I have another problem, I may have to have some welding done.