1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

760 speedwing for skidsteer?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by StuveCorp, Jan 28, 2014.

1. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I searched some to see if anyone has used a speedwing on a skid and didn't find anything? Has this been done? It would be on a smaller skid.

I found a speedwing blade but it would need the truck(or machine) side so it can angle. There isn't any dealers around me but wonder how much the truckside would be?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

There a guy on here has the Western model like the speed wing on a skid Think is on a case

3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Where are you? There are quite a few dealers in Wisconsin.

Do you have any of the truck-side? The control would be the most expensive part. It would not be hard to put a 760SW on a skid ... same as the larger plows.

Antler, the Western is the 8'6" ... probably too big or heavy for what this guy wants.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well he didn't say how small or how big his skid is The western model is like a speed wing Right?

5. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I'm by Eau Claire. Blizzard doesn't show any dealers in this area, looks like a big hole on their map? I know the one dealer went out of business couple years ago and don't think there is anyone that took their place?

Would be putting it on a Polaris ASL300(ASV 30). It's small but think this would be the max I would want to try.

There is no 'truck' side with the blade at all. Any one have some ideas or have they tried something like this?

6. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I think you can get a great deal since theres no truck side. IIRC the wings are cable operated so you would just need to put hoses from the rams to the QCs and possibly a cross over relief valve to cover power angling and mount the plow ears to a QA plate and fab up a chain lift.

7. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

We all answer our telephones and any shipping should be less than cost to drive 30 minutes to a dealer.

I would suggest doing something like this. Eliminate the power unit all together so you don't need a truck-side. I don't know why you would need a chain lift though. Mount the a-frame solid to the QA plate and use the loader arms to lift the blade, just like a bucket.

The Western model is the redesigned 860SW/8600SW blade. We are talking about a 760SW. There is about 300 pounds difference.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I dont like the idea of running down pressure on a plow that wasnt designed for it, the chain lets it float

9. Tomaser

Tomaser Junior Member

10. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member