1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6 weak angle

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DJC, Jan 23, 2011.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Hi guys, I have a 2009 7'6 strait blade "heavy duty" model. When I'm pushing snow it is very weak to angle. Sometimes I will have to try the controller several times before it will move. When the plow is just setting it works fine. Also I have noticed when the plow does angle while plowing it will come up off the ground a ways. I know my plow is still under warranty but if it's something small I will just fix it. The dealer I bought it from went out of business last fall so it's a ways to the next dealer and I'm sure I would be put on the back burner. Thanks for any input!!

2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Does anyone have any ideas??

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I think when I first started using the handheld I think I was slightly bumping the up button when angling. I haven't noticed it happening since that first season. Angle power has always been there, slight delay seems to come and go but no real issue.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Let the warranty cover it because there's a good possibility it has a sticky/damaged angle valve and they're pricey.

The raise when angling issue is likely what jk touched on because unless there's a short in the wiring or you have a defective controller a Boss can not hydraulically raise while angling and I doubt that's the case in this circumstance.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had to do one last year, cost me roughly 2??.?? bucks. Dealer installed it for free too so that was nice.

6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks guys I will take it over and have them do it I guess. I know that I'm not hitting the up botton at the same time so I will see what they have to say.

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Could be that the rubber cover being new and unbending before its worn a little is impacting the up down button internally. Just a thought. Just noticed my 4.5yr old handheld controller has a rip around the center button-really worn out.