1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" v Plow on a 1/2 Ton

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by adhiggie, Oct 21, 2009.

1. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

I am thinking about putting a 7'6" boss V Plow on my Ford F 150. Anyone have experence with this? Suggestions?
  2. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Junior Member

Funny you should ask that...

I've been searching the forum for the past couple of hours trying to find advice on the same question.

I want to put a Boss 7.5 V on my '04 Dodge Ram 1500.

To all you old timers that may respond:

• Yes...I am a noobie...
    • And...yes...I have read HOURS AND HOURS using the search function.

3. bigbear01

bigbear01 Junior Member

I just put a 7.6 straight blade on my 06 f-150. its a super duty blade (with the boxed in support on the back- like the new super duty XT's are) the weights are close enough, she squats and with no ballast i can get the back to wag like a tail but i should be fine with some weight in the back and maybe timbrens. Ive seen 2 local guys here with v plows on 1/2 tons, just take it easy and drive smooth. Dont let them hate....
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy has a 7.6 on his 2003 1500 dodge ram...working fine
  5. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

i justr put a new curtis on my 150,the curtis wieghs more than the boss v,curtis is 750 lbs.
  6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We run a Boss 7'6" Super-Duty with wings on our 1500 and I love that truck! its so manueverable and handles a plow like a champ
  7. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

This topic(okay maybe not specifically a Boss on an F150) has been discussed many times on these forums. Plowing with a 1/2 ton truck can be done and works great(I have one), the only downfall is that they will not take the beating over the long-term like a 3/4 or 1 ton truck would. So as long as you aren't plowing large commercial properties and can live with some extra maintenence $$$ you will be fine.

I have the 2" leveling kit on my 2008 F150 for extra clearance going down the road. You may also want to use timberens or get the plow prep springs for your application.
  8. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a 7'6" BOSS poly, w/ boxed frame, kinda heavy, it's on my 98 1/2 ton chevy and only drops the front about 1/2" w/ the blade up, also I have pro wings extra 65 lbs works well for me! good luck!
  9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Oh yea I also had it on a 05 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab last season and ot droped front about 1 1/2" so I bumped up the T-bars a few turns and w/ 15 +/- 50 lb bags of salt helped to!