1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6' ultra shuting off randomly

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by east end turf, Feb 2, 2011.

1. I have a 7'6" unimount about 6 yerars with a brand new pump ,on a 03 2500 chevy truck end is new with a pistol grip control. intremitenerly the system shuts down and plow lights turn off and truck lights turn on, then it comes right back on ?just like its unpluged .it only happends while moving all plugs are tight i tryied to move harness around but cant reproduce issue sitting still. i am thinking the 3 port module has a problem ?
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

It may be the isolation module but that's hard to test. It sounds to me like a bad connection between the plow and vehicle. Remember that the presence of the plow is what makes the isolation module switch and is also what enables the controller. On the old relay systems the ground for the relays had to go through one of the plugs to the plow and then complete the circuit to ground via the main motor cable ground back to the battery negative. The new iso module must do the same thing so check the plugs and the motor connections.
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

ground problem somewhere. not the module.