1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" Straight Intermittently Won't Angle

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Dec 27, 2012.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

So last night while plowing I noticed I would get to the end of a windrow and want to bring my plow back to straight to stack and it didn't seem to want to go. The motor runs when I push the button, but no movement. If I happen to just lift a little bit, and then try to angle it will run perfectly. When the plow is up, it will go Left/Right just fine. Only acts up when the plow is in the ground. (BTW it doesn't have a huge load either).

Could it be a coil?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When it won't angle, is it only in one direction, or either direction? If won't angle either way, the ground wires are loose on the angle coils, or the angle valve is faulty. Most commonly the second scenario. Mainly because the angle valve is the one that see's the abuse thus most often needs replaced.

Rather rare for a Boss need valves but when they do it's always an angle valve.

3. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

How can I tell if an angle valve is bad?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Being intermittent you probably won't catch it by removing and "feeling" the internal spool to see if it's too tight or stuck. That is how you find one that won't angle at all. But you may get lucky if you do pull it out and check it.