1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6 Standard Duty on 1500/ Wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mstapper, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mstapper

mstapper Junior Member
    from Iowa

Anyone put a 7'6 standard duty poly on a newer chevy? Looking to put my 2010 poly on my '11 silverado 1500 (don't want to spend the money for the sport duty that is only 200# less).

Also has anyone wired the truck side on a newer sivlerado? Is it something I can do myself?

2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I did mine on a 2011 Chev. took my time, pretty sure I took some front end parts off-it was a year ago and the memory insn't what it once was.
  3. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

I have the BOSS Standard 7.5 Poly on my 2011 Silverado 1500. Photo in my sig line.

I did not install it, but by looking at the wiring scematic, I dont see why I couldnt have done it myself. BOSS has made the wiring harness pretty much plug and play. My setup was original installed on my 2009 Silverado 1500. I had the dealership swap everything over to my 2011.
  4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Take your time and you can do it yourself. Yes you will need to remove some parts from the truck to do a nice job. The head lightd and grill will have to come out or off. THere is a bold in hidding on the head light on both sides for the lights. Can can get to it from under the side of the truck right in front of the tire,