1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" Sport Duty Poly on a Ram Laramie LongHorn??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Gideon, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

A couple questions..

What size do you recommend?
    Do you have to notch out my bumper?
    Since I do not have the plow-prep package on the Ram, what is the best setup from BOSS for me to get?

Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Depends on what you are plowing? 7'6'' sport is pretty light duty if you are doing a lot of residential or even commerical. For just your driveway I'd say its fine. The truck would basically run the plow over otherwise if you are doing a lot of heavy plowing with it. I'd atleast do with a 7'6'' super duty. The sport duty mounts have smaller hooks for the plows and aren't as heavily built like the standard and super duty plow mounts. The mounts are more heavier duty and the hook are bigger for the plows to mount onto for the standard and super duty plows. I am not sure on notching the bumper but if you had to notch out a little bit around each hook I'd think you'd be fine with that. Some guys don't want any notching done at all but the fact of the matter is there isn't really a way around it on todays newer trucks. As for the plow prep as long as your battery is not like a car battery and has about 800 cold cranking amps you'll be fine. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a set of timberns to your truck and put about 6 hundered or so pounds behind the rear wheels in the bed. The truck will sit just fine.

3. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

Much appreciated RBRONKEMA GHTFD

4. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have a 08 quad cab 1500 and they had to notch the plastic out under neath the front bumper, and far as plows i would go with the standard duty 7.5 blade and get your self a set of timbrens for the truck

5. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

thanks.. 1 bad bolt