1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6 or 8'2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BOSSMAN21, Jul 29, 2009.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 and I was wondering if I should go with the 8'2 V or stay with the 7'6 for weight issues. I plan on getting some timbrens and adding weight in the back. Also, last year I used a 7'6 Boss Trip Edge on this truck with out any ballast or Timbrens and it handled fine. Let my know what you think.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow

i think the 7'6" is the biggest thing that you would want on it ! :salute:

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

4. STROLLOSTOWING

STROLLOSTOWING Junior Member

The only blade for1500 pre 2007 is a 7'6" v blade We did a comparrison between 7'6 standard , super and trip edge all to the same truck the lighest was the standard but in comparison the 7'6 super and 7'6 v blade where within a 1/8 of an inch being the Vblade was lighter on the front end due to be set back and not hanging off the front end . the trip edge was the heaviest .I have installed several 7'6 v"s My cousin lives in mass and he bought one from me for his truck .

5. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have a 04 1500 extended cab with a 7'6 standard duty it does its job fine, but it trips very easily. this fall i am going to mount another bracket and add a 4th spring to see if it will help. overall i wouldnt go any heavier of a plow