1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6 on 2500 ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 1 bad bolt, May 26, 2014.

1. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i currently have a 7'6 standard duty on my 09 2500 cc truck "gas" with buyers wings i know the truck could handle a bigger plow , but i can get a smoking cheap deal on a 7'6 super duty blade and add boss wings to it . question is does any one have a 7'6 on there 2500 and think its enough blade for the truck with wings ? i know its not a v blade just trying to weigh my options, seeing the super duty blade is really cheap. i like that the super duty blade is taller and built heavier

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

I would go with it if the price is right.

:rolleyes: John...

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

A 7'6'' Super Duty is plenty tough enough for the truck. With wings, I think you'll be just fine.

4. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

is there any major things i should look for on the plow to make sure im not shooting my self in the foot buying something they may need a lot or work ? i have had my standard duty plow since new "7 years ago " and never bought a pre owned ?