1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" MM2 now raises slow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by den327, Jan 9, 2011.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Was out plowing yesterday and all was fine for a couple hours, then I noticed the plow starting to raise a lot slower. Left and right angling is fine though. The battery in the the truck is 1 month old. Anyone with any ideas on where to start to look for the problem. Thanks in advance. Supposed to snow tuesday and need this corrected.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

How old is the plow? I don't think the fluid is freezing.Maybe a stuck valve or solenoid?

3. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Its about 3 years old. Used it to do 2 commercial properties and a few residential driveways in a total of about 10 storms which 4 were blizzards all over 20". How would I test the solenoid or check for the stuck valve? Thanks

4. jaybird

jaybird Member

it could be a pump issue. you can try to adjust the pressure. the pump could be tired the more you use the hotter the fluid gets the thinner it gets making it harder for the pump to pump, especially when raising, the pump is under more stress when lifting dead weight.

5. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

So I just got in from screwin g around with the plow and cleaned and greased all electrical connections at the plow itself, That would be the 6 push on solenoid connectors and the 2 post connectors on the motor. When i was done I started the truck and tried raising the blade. I noticed the lights dim and the volt meter went from just over 14 down to about 11 when i hit the button to raise the blade. So then I figured ok, let me turn everything off (lights,heat,radio,etc) and reved the motor to about 1200 rpm to get the alternator pumping some juice and it seemed a little faster. The battery is about 3 weeks old and seems to be fine without the plow. I had a 650cca battery in it before. When I bought the new one I got an 800 CCA figuring I had the plow. Does this help any to give an answer.

How do you adjust the pressure on the pump?

6. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

It takes about 5 seconds for the blade to raise fully from being all the way down. Is that normal?

7. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

I just watched a video of someone plowing with a fisher mm2 and it took about 2seconda for the blade to raise. Should I start by changing the fluid in it? Would that help?