1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" Midweight Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Hammer24, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

I have play in the pivot area both forward/back and up/down...Is this normal? Im more concerned with the forward and back...Im pretty sure it's supposed to move up/down seeing as its a pivot for when the plow rides up on uneven ground. The reason I'm asking is because I never noticed it before. I just noticed it the other day while plowing...the plow would move back and forth a little (as if I was moving the angle on the plow). Checked the hydrolic lines and the cotter pins in the rams...everything there seems ok. Now to add to the mix...this movement doesnt happen when the plow is lifted up fully. Any help with this would be great.

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

3. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

yes this is what I am refering to...I know its supposed to pivot up and down...but the plow is moving or pivoting forward and back (towards the truck and away from the truck)...not sure it that parts normal or not. Thanks for your reply

4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

pivot bar

Sorry I do not own a ultra mount (YET) but I do have a older boss RT2 that hooks up almost the same way, (as pitchered) the "L" handle under the blue master lock swings up and it rotates the clamps just like the ultra mount, maybe you have some slop there.
    not sure if this will help you

100-0033_IMG.jpg