1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6 light duty

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nor'easter1, Oct 1, 2006.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

thinking of getting a 04 or 06 z71 tahoe. I used to have a 1996 with 7'6 rd. How do the ld's run in comparison. Most likley looking at only doing 4 or so easy driveways. i like the lighter weight of the ld by the specs but really have never seen anyone with one. Please let me know your thoughts.

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

If you're only doing a few driveways, you might as well save your truck's suspension and get an LD. My neighbor (and his 2 brothers for that matter) has a 2003 Yukon with a 7.5' RD and it damn near bottoms out the frame when he pulls into his driveway. The ass-end of his truck goes way up in the air. Either way, be sure to use ballast.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I had a LD on my '93 Chevy 1500. It did an amazing job. No issues with it. The RD (the bigger model) is less than 80 lbs. heavier and the moldboard is taller. I only found that I would have wanted the RD in one storm that was 18" because it kept coming over the moldboard. I think the LD is a great model for a 1/2 ton vehicle. Just make sure you use it like an LD and not beat on it.

4. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

Go with the Blizzard 760LT the moldboard is much taller and you still have the same amount of weight.