1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

76 jeep CJ-5

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ned5485, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ned5485

ned5485 Member

I am just trying to gage possible interest in my jeep/plow. I am wanting to get a truck mostly for landscaping, but would also use it to plow. If I get a truck I could get rid of my jeep or plow, or both.

It is a 1976 CJ-5 3 speed V8. It runs very well. Unless someone has completely restored one, you will have a hard time finding an old jeep that has less rest or body wear. A few years ago the whole body(inside, outside, and under) was covered in Rhino Lining. So, it will not be rusting anytime soon. I have put less than 1000 miles on the new 33" Mickey T. Baja Claws. I can give more details, but really just wondering how much interest there is.

This is the 3rd season I have owned the plow. It is far from new and not in nearly as good of shape as the jeep. But, it works fine and have just rebuilt the power unit. It is a 6.5 meyer with an E-47. Again, just checking interest levels.

I wont be able to sell either of them until I find a truck I can plow with. Maybe somebody could give me an idea what they think the plow setup is worth.

I know, you want to see pictures. I will try to get something posted soon.
  2. ned5485

ned5485 Member

Here is a photo.

ALL CAMERA 3-16-07 069.jpg
  3. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton Junior Member

Have any idea what you may want for the entire package?
  4. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

ya a price would be cool. very nice looking setup.
  5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I'll give you a 1000 bucks
  6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I figure it's worth about $2500 to $3000....
  7. ned5485

ned5485 Member

Well, I dont know what its "actual worth" is, but it is worth more than 3,000 to me. I am not in a situation where I need to get rid of it. I like having the jeep to play with in the summer.

I was hopping to get $1500-$2000 for the plow set up. Is that unrealistic?

I would want to get at least $4,000 for the jeep. It is in really good shape. When I bought it, I had been looking around for a long time and felt like I was getting a good price at $5,000. Maybe I over paid, but I have only added to its value since. It is a great 3rd vehicle, and a lot of fun. It only has 42,000 miles.
  8. ned5485

ned5485 Member

Am I way off on the amount for the plow?
  9. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

standard or automatic?
  10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Nice setup and truck. If I was looking for a off road truck I would purchase it. But I am not looking for one. The body looks solid. Is it an auto or manual. ANd if manual how many speeds.
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

IMO the plow is worth $700. Thats what they would sell for around here anyway.

A nice Jeep in this area will get big money though. Looks like a real nice set up you have there. Good luck with the sale.
  12. ned5485

ned5485 Member

It is a manual 3 speed with the V8 304. It runs great and the body is in fantastic shape for being an unrestored 76.
  13. ned5485

ned5485 Member

Any more opinions on the plows worth?
  14. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

lucky to get 1k
  15. payton

payton Senior Member

5k total for everything and thats finding the right buyer.. jeep with out plow setup.. 4-5k again finding the right buyer.. plow set up.. 700-1000 with the right buyer..if some one offered 5k for it as it sits with plow and everything you better jump on it..

16. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

There are a number of used Meyer/Jeep set ups on eBay. They are in the range of $300-$700.
  17. ned5485

ned5485 Member

Just rebuilt the power unit

It has a brand new pump, motor, filters, fluid, and paint. Has not even seen snow yet.

18. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

oh thats a new plow that right there is 2200
  19. ned5485

ned5485 Member

Is that a serious comment? In your opinion a rebuilt power unit adds that much value?
  20. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think they are being wise guys. Your system is in great shape and you may be able to pull $1000 out of it if you find the right buyer. Honestly with the economy the way it is, I am thinking that most would opt for the cheapest thing they can find to save a few bucks. I just had a guy drive 500 miles to pic up a free old Meyer blade I was getting rid of. It was wore out and full of rust holes ect.