1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" HD vs. 7'6" VMD

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by NTO, Oct 27, 2011.

1. NTO

NTO Junior Member

Which do you think is a better potion to go with? I do mostly residential driveways with a few commercial lots. Looked at both but can't quite decide which one to get. Both way about the same but one costs about $400 more. What's your thoughts? Thanks gang

Bob

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I don't think you can go wrong with anything over a straight blade for 400.00. Whether it be a V-blade, scoop blade, expanding blade etc... Because with those you can always have the straight blade as an option if/when needed, so for four hundred bucks, why not go with something that's far more versatile?

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I agree with jeff.My money would be with the Vee.Just as jeff stated.You can staight blade,vee blade for openin up drifts or what not.then you have the option of scoop mode for moving snow for stacking as well as moving the snow from one area to another on a siteto keep it out of the way.the only way to do that with out having to chase run off is to have wings on the straight blade which is a good thing but I am unsure if the dogg wings work with the size plow your lookin at.Ask plowfix guy on here. Good luck in what evere you choose and show us some pics when you get it...Thumbs Up

4. NTO

NTO Junior Member

Well just to give you guys an update...went to the dealership last night and purchased the VMD. They had mine sitting there and I don't think I could be any happier. Going to be installed within the next couple days. I will post pics when it's done.Thumbs Up

5. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey Sweet cant wait to see the pic. If you Can you see if the wings they make will work on that plow or can they be made to work..thanks good luck and ENJOY Thumbs Up

6. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Im in the middle of making this same decision. Is the VMD built as well/heavy as the HD? Because there is quite a difference between the HD and MD series.

7. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

DIRISHMAN Hey Sweet cant wait to see the pic. If you Can you see if the wings they make will work on that plow or can they be made to work..thanks good luck and ENJOY

X2!!!!

8. NTO

NTO Junior Member

My plow seems to be very well built. Much better built than the SnoWay I had on there. Been real busy at work and haven't had time to post pics. Hopefully this weekend I can get er done.

9. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The VMD plow has the same center section/hinge as the VX plows - as that is where most of the force is concentrated on any V-plow. The lift frame is the same as the MD plow (saves some weight). The a-frame is slightly lighter than the VX - but again, the hinge is the same.

10. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

just a quick question please. can you put wings on the 7.6 v-plow? thanks!Thumbs Up

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

At this point we do not have VMD75 wings. As they are designed for minimum weight, I don't think I'd be comfortable adding wings (without some serious testing).

12. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

ILL test them for you haha :mechanic: Thumbs Up

Wings themselves cant weigh that much do they?

13. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Well I went with the straight HD75. It was cheaper and I can put the wings on if needed. I post some pics for the record. It went on a 2000 chevy 2500 ext. cab.