1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6 HD mm2 problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by greymare89, Jan 31, 2015.

1. greymare89

greymare89 Member

I recently bought a new truck and had our local fisher dealer here on Long Island (Dejana) install all the truck side components. I've owned the plow for about 3 or 4 years now and had it on my previous truck without any issues. Since installing it on my new truck the plow has intermittent problems.

1- the plow won't respond at all, only the controller will click and the plow motor will wind but no movement.
    2- if the plow reacts like I just mentioned above I unplug and re-plug in the control harness along with the controller. Some times this will alleviate the problems and the plow will function normal for a short while (enough to do like 3 pr 4 passes on a driveway)
    3- if the plow doesn't function normal, which is the majority of the time, it will operate backwards. When I go to angle left it will go right or start bucking hard when attempting to angle left. I will then unplug or wiggle the control plug near the plow, unplug and re-plug the control in the cab and it will once again function normal for a short time.

The solenoids,grounds/connections have all been removed and cleaned along with a hydraulic fluid flush which did nothing. On top of that I purchased a new fish stik which also didn't fix the problem. I don't know where to go from here. I had the fisher dealer install the wires to alleviate any problems I could potentially cause by installing myself. Any direction or guidance is appreciated.

PS I should also mention the dealer is about 2 hrs away so it's hard to just swing in and have them check it out otherwise I would have done that right from the beginning.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Would start by making sure none of pins are falling out of the control harness plug. 2 or 3 plug hook up at bumper?

3. greymare89

greymare89 Member

3 plug at the bumper. The male end plug for the controls coming out of the truck at the bumper has three pins and is brand new. The female plug on the plow has 11 slots. What would be the best place to dig deeper, the truck side or plow side? I guess I'm taking the truck side for granted since its brand new and installed by an authorized Fisher dealer....

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Talking about connector in the cab for control.

5. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

since it act up so often IF u got a buddy with another 3 plug setup id drive into his plow and try it and have him dive into ur plow and try it IF u don't have someone wiggle the 2 control harnesses while u activate the controller if it does what it should and since the trk sides new id replace the control harness plow side even though the pins look good the wires break from the pins INSIDE the molded plug part #26359 about $75

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with NHresident probably a plow side control harness but it's a good idea to check it with another good known plow and truck to see if that's the issue.Dont want to replace something and it not be fixed.It will much easier to replace the plow side control harness as all you have to do is remove the solenoid cover unplug the old harness for the solenoids and unbolt the ground wire from the pump and attach the new ground wire and wires to the solenoids.i recommend unplugging the old harness and plugging the new harness in one solenoid one wire at a time

7. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it! I do have a friend with a brand new 8' but I'm not sure if it's fleet flex. If it is I'm screwed because pretty much everyone I know either runs western or boss. If it is the plow side harness that's an easy fix as mentioned but what are the chances the truck side is defective? The reason I ask is because prior to the new truck the plow worked fine without a single issue on my old truck. Granted it sat outside since last season and needed about 1 1/2 quarts of hydo fluid but still..... Seems coincidental that I get a new truck and now start to have problems ya know

8. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  9. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Well guys I went ahead and replaced the plow side control harness thinking that it had to be the problem and of course it didn't help. I never had the opportunity to hook up to another plow since the few fisher guys I know either have the old style two plugs or the new fleet flex plows. My plow still doesn't respond until I get out, wiggle the wires and get back in the truck. Hopefully it's not the truck side harness because that is a royal pain in the ass to replace and expensive! I guess I should bring it back to the people who installed it but its quite a ways away from my house. Any ideas? It seems to be a problem on the truck side somewhere but where I don't know.

10. chevyzrule810

You don't know anyone with a 3 plug to isolate if it's the plow or the truck?

11. chevyzrule810

I would hate to tell you it's the truckside,you replace it and it not fix the problem

12. greymare89

greymare89 Member

I'm going to ask a few more people since I don't have a choice at this point. I did notice a while ago when I got my truck back that there was an extra isolation module under the hood just sitting on top of my battery not attached to anything ( I was a little pissed because it could have easily slipped off on the ride back and fell into the fan and done some nice damage) anyway the PN# Is the same as the one that's installed on the truck, 29070-1 but the BD# is 1421. The BD# for the module that is currently plugged in is 1331. Is there a huge difference between the two. I was reluctant to plug in the extra one (BD1421)

13. chevyzrule810

I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing as long as the module label is the same color,part number,and same number of ports.For all you know you could have a bad module plugged into the truck and the good one is sitting on the battery.

14. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Yes the labels are both green, they're both 3 plug and the PN number matches- 29070-1. I can't find any information on "BN" numbers so I have no idea what the difference is between the two. Guess there's only one way to find out.......

15. chevyzrule810

Give it a try.Cheaper then buying a new truckside harness

16. NEH

NEH Junior Member

Pump motor runs but no up/angle actions work, or plow aways angles to the right.

The truck side control harnesses were a known bad issue for some of the earlier MM1, the wires would break internally right at the connector. I'd think they would have fixed that by now, but that sounds like the exact symptoms...

17. greymare89

greymare89 Member

I thought the same thing and went ahead and replaced the harness with no luck... Has to be something on the truck side, I don't think there is anything else on the plow side to malfunction . Would a bad ISO module cause these symptoms? It's either that or a faulty wire on the truck somewhere

18. NEH

NEH Junior Member

The bad wiring that was an earlier known problem *was* on the truck side. You don't have to replace the whole truck side harness, they make a repair end kit for it, btw. But the best thing is just to test at the truck side cable pins. Raise should get 12v on pin 3, right angle 12v on pin 4, left angle 12v on pins 4 and 3. Lower should be 12v on pin 9. (That's from the schematic, sorry I don't know the pin out for the connector, you'll have to experiment a little!)

The ISO module should have nothing to do with this, other than supplying power to the joystick controller - if the red light on the joystick controller lights, that shouldn't be an issue

One disclaimer here - I'm working off MM1 schematics and knowledge, but I believe they are the same for the hydraulic controls. HTH...

19. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

Why was it so low? 1 1/2 quarts is not a small amount of fluid? that is more than 1/2 the total capacity. I am not saying this has anything to do with your issue but I find it odd you were that low without a hose breaking or a seal leaking. :confused:

20. greymare89

greymare89 Member

The first time I ran the plow I blew a hydro line which was replaced. I'm sure it was leaking slowly over the course of time between seasons