1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" Boss V plow 4 sale.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by brickslayer, Dec 2, 2009.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I know this is not the used for sale section but figured I might catch someone doing research to buy a new boss over here. I have a New 7'6" Boss V with snow deflector, new style lights ect. Truckside only. I found a great deal on a new 8'2" I couldn't pass up. This could really save someone some cash over buying from a dealer. Would like to cash out on this soon so taking highest offer over $3500.00.

2. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Where in Wisconsin are you located? Also, you said truckside only? Did you mean plowside only? I would assume you are going to be using the same mount and wiring for the new 8'2 V?

Jeremy

3. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Ya I did say that wrong. Only plowside. Im In Racine WI.

4. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

I am new to plowing and snow removal, but have cruised this site a lot over the past two or three years. I do have one question for everyone. What kind of truck does Boss make the 7'6" v-plow for? Is it made for 3/4 ton or 1/2 ton trucks? I looked on the Boss website and i thought it said that they weigh 700lbs. That seems to be a little much for a 1/2 ton, but is it really big enough for a 3/4 ton truck?

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 and would love to put a v-plow on the front, but I just think that it would be too much weight. A friend of mine has a 7'6" v-plow on a 3/4 ton Ford and he said he loves the plow, but that is doesn't clear enough snow and he is constantly driving over it. He got into plowing a few years back and bought it because it was cheaper than the 8'2". He said he would definitely go for the 8'2" if he could do it again.

I just seems like when you are in the V or scoop position, that no matter what truck you have it on, that it just isn't wide enough. Am I thinking about this wrong?

Jeremy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  5. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Your truck would be the only 1/2 ton I would ever put a plow on there all heavy! But u have torision front suspension. Crank it up. Also that why they make a smaller V for smaller trucks. Just put wings on it.

6. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

I have been thinking about putting a 7'6 on it maybe next year. I thought that if I got a pair of good shocks up front, cranked the torsion bars, and put timbrens on, it would probably be fine. Plus, I would only have it on when I would be plowing, so it may not be that bad.

I have snowblowing accounts this year and am really looking to branch out to plowing for next year. I love my GMC Ext Cab 1500 and I would really like to keep it and use it for plowing. At least till I have some more cash to buy a 3/4 ton Duramax.

Do you have any idea what it would cost to get a mount, wiring harness, and controller?

Jeremy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

You will need at least a grand for parts plus labor.If you plan on geting a 3/4 ton duramax that plow would be fine to move to that truck next a 3/4 ton duramax cant hold much more than that 7.5V just add wings and you will have one bad azz set-up.

8. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

plow sold.............