1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'6" boss V on s10

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by staley52, Jan 18, 2003.

1. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

I am considering another plow truck another s10 I was thinking of a boss V for it but how teribly heavy are they to bad blizzard doesn't have a 6'6" adjustable plow

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

:eek:
    I think that plow might be a little to heavy for that truck. That plow weighs 790lbs. That's more then my 8' Western weighs and that plow is on a 3/4 ton. Personally I'd run a Snoway on that truck

3. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

I already have 1 s10 with a 6'6 western that will be getting wings but the versitility would be nice but at 800 lbs I am also triing to locate a good condition 7'6 blade since I run non uni mounts I could have two blades for the same truck and light powder use the 7'6 and heavy slush the 6'6
    anyways back on topic maybe someone will build a lightweight v soon

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn Member

My Boss owners manual recommends using V blades on only 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

No way will the s10 handle the boss v,they are tough rugged little trucks,but i feel thats just to much weight.My cousin has a 7'6 Boss V on his 96 chevy 1500excab z71,since the day it was new,its got 125K on it now,it was dealer installed too.