1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

751 bobcat is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by samjr, Sep 19, 2009.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

751 BOBCAT SKIDSTEER WITH ENGINE HEAD PROBLEM
    DIESEL ENGINE , HEATED CAB, DOOR , BUCKET
    AS IS $3000tymusic

6630jbi_19.jpeg

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

sounds fair if you are able to at least run the machine and verify the hydraulics , drive, heater work the way they should.

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Just walk away for 3000 it's to much money. The machine most of the time needs a motor when they say head problem it's a common problem with them. The new or rebuilt motor will run around 2000.
    i had one with same problem. Look around there lots of good deals out there if you have cash

4. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

So what you're saying is that you have better deals out there than a 751 with a new motor for $5000 ?

I say point the guy in the right direction to get those deals--he might be interested.

Is that $3000 purchase price in Canadian?

5. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I would also say that it will cost a bit more for (what I believe it to be) a 60 HP diesel engine than $2k. I am only guessing but probably more like $6k from Bobcat or $4k-$5k from a reputable re-man outfit.