1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7500 dollar buy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jul 19, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, Yesterday my dad and I started out on our journey to Cherry Valley, Illinois. We were headed that way to look at and potentially buy a JCB 406 articulating wheel loader. The loader came with a quick attach bucket and forks. The machine has 9400 hours on the body. The motor was rebuilt last summer. Also the body has brand new paint on it that is less than a month old. The machine was used to loader sod, stone, and many different landscaping supplies. The loader has aux. hydro's. My truck is completely stock and it pulled it like a dream. The trailer I used had 3 7000 pound axles on it.

loader 1.jpg

loader 2.jpg

loader 3.jpg

loader 4.jpg

loader 5.jpg

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wow! Nice find! Thats a real nice trailer too.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup. You sure like buying stuff from this area don't ya? lol.
    Glad that dmax pulled nicely, do you know what the weight was?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yeah, My dad has been looking for something like this for sometime and i showed him the ad on machinarytrader.com on wednesday and we went to go look at it yesterday.

My truck was maxed out as far as weight. I am sure if I got pulled over I would of been SOL. The trailer could of hauled more as its rated for 21,000 pounds. I think my truck is rated for 14,000 or something?. IDK.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

nice score

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

But the big question, Ryan.... how are you gonna tow that thing to MY house where it belongs?

How are things??

7. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Nice unit. Good buy. Like the size.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal....

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Hey Kevin, I'll just throw the thing on that trailer I pulled it home with.

Things have been good, Staying busy with work, and fighting fire. What have you been up too?

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice find. you should consider air bags or something for that dmax lol

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, she's dragging ass a little. Could have moved the machine back 6-12 inches too.

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya personally I would have tried to fit the body of the machine on the axles to balance the weight better. just my opinion tho it would have helped on the drag quit a bit if the machine could have gone to the back more.

13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Looks to be loaded just right to me.:nod:

14. SuperdutyShane

We brought my truck home on the back of a 22' car trailer and it had the blade in the bed of the truck, we towed it with my dads 2wd 2001 f150.... The drag here is nothing compared to that haha

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Oh yeah, nice machine and sweet trailer. Looks about the same size as a Deere 244.

You must have neglected to post the pics of the Prius drivers yelling at you for taking up 18 spaces:realmad:

16. SuperdutyShane

Prius drivers.... :realmad::gunsfiring:ussmileyflag

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I think the loader could of been moved back between the 2nd and 3rd axle. Really the thing pulled great and it couldn't of gone better. Now the roads in Chicago suck tho. I think it was I90 that we were on. OMG! I thought some of our roads were in poor shape.

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya must be I90 because I90 in ny sucks lol

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yeah we were on I 90

20. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Not just the roads but Chicago sucks....don't even enjoy visiting there!

Good deal looks great!