1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$75 well spent

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by h8to wrk, Dec 28, 2009.

1. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

I plow for myself and a few elderly people arround town. I picked this up for $75 used some scrap I had for a mount and im off to the races.

I still need to address the bend in the blade but it actually still sits level on the grond.

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 003.jpg
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Looks like someone really whacked something with that blade..........Price was right though
  3. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

It was mounted on a F250. Im not sure what was hit but it did give it a nice bend. I should have it straigned out tomorrow
  4. FBNemo

FBNemo Junior Member

I like the look of the TJ in the garage. :drinkup:
  5. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

Thanks the TJ is a work in progress. I am just finishing installing a LS6 with a few goodies. I can;t wait to fire it up.
  6. grandchero97

grandchero97 Junior Member

what are the steps to take to strait it out. take pictures of process PLEASE.
  7. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

To fix the bend I ended ub cutting a vertical slit in the front edge then I cut a similar slit in the rear on one side of the angle iron. A little heat and a few bodies the blade straighended right out.

I welded up the slit in the front and welded on some bracing in the rear to strengthen it and it is ready to go. Just need some snow now.

Sorry I have not taken any pics
  8. sday88

sday88 Member

$75?!?! You can't beat that with a stick. The Proshovel is the same one I have. Got it a Home Depot a couple years ago. Really nice little plow.
  9. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

have a welder look at that i got the same problem when i bought mine
    but they can fix that bend easily
    and mine still sits and plows level
  10. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

Bend is fixed I cut and welded it myself
  11. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

post some pics ..mine suppose to get fixed next week..then ill paint it up
    these plows are great..do you nee a light kit? i sell them for $100 + shipping..mine are better then that crap they sell for like 289.99
    if you want a set email me
  12. sday88

sday88 Member

Hey h8to_wrk and Tirioloservices, could you guys please post some pics of your repairs? I just bent mine yesterday and I'd like to see what the repairs look like.

13. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I put extra angle on the bottom of mine the day I bought it. I never bent the plow yet and I torture it. Plow about a dozen accounts with it.