1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'75 Stepper t-case

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pops, Jul 28, 2002.

1. pops

pops Junior Member

I recently bought a '75 k-10 Stepside. It's a fantastic truck, but I'm having some problems with my NP 205 T-Case.
    The very fist time I used the 4WD, the hubs, and the T-Case shifter got stuck in place.I fear I will have to raplace it, but wondered if there is anything helpfull that any of you could share with me. :confused:

2. Defective

Defective Junior Member

Every time I've had that happen, (more times than I'll admit to...) I've solved it by jacking the front end off the ground. It usually happens when I drive onto dry ground or pavement with one of the older trucks. The older trucks around here don't often have well matched tires and the uneven loading jams up the driveline in 4wd.

3. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I'm with defective on this one. I jacked up the front once and the tires literally spun as soon as enough weight was off the tires to keep them in place. What I do is shift to 2wheel and just keep on driving til I get either get home or to a gas station or whatever then I unlock the hubs. You don't have to drive that far but it doesn't hurt either. Just don't try to shift while on the gas, for one you probably won't be able to and for another don't want to hit neutral by mistake.