1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'75 International-Harvester 1 ton Dually.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Fordistough, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Hey folks, I haven't got any pictures yet, but I have just acquired a 1975 International-Harvester 1-ton. It is black with a steel flatbed. It has a 9' Meyer, which I'm not too crazy about, but she is a tank! I am a Ford guy, but this definaltly takes the cake on ruggedness. I have an 8 cylender with a 4 on the floor. Transfer case has 2H, 4H, N, 4L. I purchased it from a municiality, which kept it at the airport inside all it's life. Only 14,000 origional miles on it. Anybody jelous? Anybody have a similar truck?

2. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

I'm jealous. I miss my dads scout that thing was a tank and the 345 ran awsome. Only problem with international where the bodys and aftermarket parts where hard to come by. watch out for rust on yours
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that sounds like an awsome truck....... i've got a 1964 1600 with a 345 v 8 runs like a champ.. i've heard 345's go 300,000 miles?????
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

We need pics of this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

We had a 63 1-ton dually with a custom body that we used as a brush truck for the FD. Had to sell it when some new regs came out on trucks. Still see it around ton though.

Other than the lack of power steering and power brakes the truck was a workhorse.