1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

75 c-10 to 85 k-10

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by daddypants, Aug 22, 2008.

1. daddypants

daddypants Junior Member

hey I hope someone here can help me out... I am trying to swap an engine (350) from a 75 c-10 chevy into my 85 k-10 (originaly a 305)... all is ok except the holes for the motor mounts wont line up?!? does any one know if the spacing is different? or possibly what the deal is? I am a mechanic by trade, however, I work on volvos and euro imports, this is my first real endevor into an american anything, much less a truck... any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

2WD and 4WD mounts are slightly different.

You need to use the mounts (engine block side) as well as the support rod/spacer plates (off the 305 out of the 4X4) on the 350 that you removed from the 2WD.

Many guys struggle with this very issue, not knowing that the 4WD and 2WD mounts are slightly different in height.

3. daddypants

daddypants Junior Member

so just pull the whole mount off of the 305 and bolt it to the 350.. not just the rubber part right?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, but you dont need to even change the frame side mount (the rubber isolator part bolted to the frame) as they are the same between 2WD/4WD...or at least they should be.

5. daddypants

daddypants Junior Member

hey thanks man... you where exactly right... I really appreciate your help, I've been struggling with this for like two weeks now. your awesome and now I can get my dads truck back on the road where it belongs instead of collecting rust next to my shop... thanks again

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help dp.

For your first endeavor into the domestic vehicles you chose one of the easiest by far.

Next time I need to do a water pump on an Audi I'll look you up. :salute:

7. daddypants

daddypants Junior Member

do that... i'll be happy to help, I could probably do them in my sleep... thanks again for the help