1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

743 with pusher Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Drottlawn, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I might be buying a bobcat 743 to use for snow removal. Just curious if it is even worth using since it is a slower older machine. If so, what size pusher? Thanks
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I used one for yrs. with a snow bucket. What type of snow removal will you be doing?
  3. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

the company i plow for has a 763 that is used in big storms just to help with stacking snow and some smaller pushes, i know its a little bigger than the 743.but for reference It does okay in light snows with a larger light materials / snow bucket. The 763 does ok with an 8 ft plow but the 763 struggles with an 8ft pusher half full. it is a traction combined with lack of weight issue
  4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Thats what I was afraid of. It would be in a kohls and home depot. Thanks for the info!
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

For those lots it would be fine for cut in work, definitely not a primary machine on the sit though. I started out with a 753, was great with a 74" snow bucket for stacking/ might snow(before we had big stuff). With a snowplow (8') it got pushed around, if you wanted to plow with it I would stick to 6' plow or pusher, due to light weight & short wheel base. Also look for narrower snow tires it will greatly improve your results, they werent around back then.
  6. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Used a Mustang 940-E 37.5 HP, had a 8 Ft plow. Did ok then we put chains on the tires and i could't believe the difference. It would push a lot of snow.. Not bad for $$$
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

773 with an 8ft... OK at best

753 with an 8ft... No good

Maybe a 6ft box on that machine.