1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7'4" Homesteader for 2004 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skidmark845, Aug 22, 2011.

1. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

Is a 7'4" plow too big for a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 6 cylinder 4X4?

Thanks

2. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

Id go with a 7' Sport Duty Boss. The homesteader is widely known as a pos.

3. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Really?? I have had one on my 2006 Tacoma for 4 years now and it has served well.

I do prefer an after-market motor but the plow does what it was designed to do well.

To answer the question- for the width of your truck, the 6'8" is ample. You would have no problem pushing the 7'4" if you wanted to.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We install 7'6" blades on tacos all the time. it will handle a 7'4" no problem.

5. rbennatti

rbennatti Junior Member

I've had a 7'4" Homesteader on my 2005 Tacoma since I bought it...never had any problems.

6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

To the original poster. I have a 7'6: Curtis Homepro for sale. I have mounts and wiring for both late model Tundras and 2000-2004 Tacoma. Call me if you are interested.
    Bob (508) 574-0888

7. twizted143

twizted143 Member
    from nh

this will be my 2nd winter with the 7.4 on a 04 ranger xlt. i have had no issues what so ever.

8. twizted143

twizted143 Member
    from nh

9. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

I would go with the Boss Sport Duty. The Homesteader is a very small plow w/ rubber trip springs, and the blade height is minimal. Most of them that I see do not have any additional plow lights, and they are mounted very low so that it doesn't block your factory headlights. The 7' Boss Sport Duty is only 372lbs, and it is much more plow than the Homesteader if you ask me.

10. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Then I guess you haven't been looking at Homesteaders, because they do, indeed, have plow lights.