1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

74 degrees and planting corn one day and 16inches of snow the next wtf

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SNOWLORD, May 3, 2013.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Well we got slammed with 16 inches of wet heavy snow on May 2nd most business were shutdown alot of power outages. We were not very prepared for that much but got through it better than most plowers. I think its time for a nap.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Holy smokes! I heard you guys were getting hit up there but WOW. We were in the mid 80's for 2 days, then 50's the last 2. I thought we were taken by surprise lol.

Good to hear you pulled through. I can say though that I'd sure like another billing to wrap up the season!
  3. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

That was one fine line, no? It was completely dry here in St. Paul. My buddy in Farmington had 10" and he talked to a guy near Cannon Falls that had nearly 20". I was actually a little bummed that we didn't get enough to plow here in the cities. It would have been pretty novel to plow in May.
  4. mnguy

mnguy Member

Here in Rochester MN we had 15" our company had over 100 calls in 24hrs from commercial and residential people wanting or needing snow removal. Made good $$ in two days.
  5. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I half thought of strapping on the plow and driving down there just to see if I could pick up any work for the fun of it.

But then I didn't.