1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

727 transmission

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 1tondodge, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 1tondodge

1tondodge Junior Member

When I put my truck in r or drive I don't even have to step on the brake to keep the truck from rolling like I use to have to do. I now have to slowly give the truck gas to get it to roll and it seems like it always starts rolling at about the same rpm. The truck won't go into 2nd or third right now. When I had my trans apart I accidently messed with the line pressure adjustment screw & I'm sure it's not where it was set at.

From reading the above situation do You think setting the line pressure to the correct setting will fix the problem? or is there something else wrong?

The kick down is set the way my manual says to set it.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:drinkup: Ben fishing long:waving:
    Gee! ya tinhk, mybae??

Sorry. but you answered your own Q,
    Get a new kit and try it again.

3. 1tondodge

1tondodge Junior Member

well I was thinking that maybe something may not be right with the acculator or regulator or even the Governor valve which might make the transmission act like it's acting.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You fiddled with the line pressure....

line pressure, fiddled with = trouble.

5. 1tondodge

1tondodge Junior Member

So if the line pressure isn't set high enough 1st and reverse can still work but not like it should? and 2nd and 3rd gear won't work at all?

I'm hoping this line pressure setting problem is all that's wrong with the transmission.

Why would 1st and reverse work and 2nd and 3rd not work because of the line pressure not being set high enough? does 2nd and third need a certain amount of pressure to engage or something?

6. 1tondodge

1tondodge Junior Member

If I can't figure this out soon it looks like I might have the extra $ to take the truck somewhere to have it fixed. I was offered a side job to tile someones bathrooms and kitchen.

7. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

line presser is adjusted up by truning it back wards or looser. it gives you more line presser.

i agree with you mess with the line presser and that would be your problem.

best sugestion i can make is remember how much you truned it? turn it back and 1/4 turn extra see if it is back to where it was before.