1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

720LT Always Tripping

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by grinch1989, Dec 10, 2009.

1. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

I have a 720 lt on my Dakota and so far it has been a great plow to me. One thing that drives me crazy is it seems to get hung up on every little imperfection and trips on me. I have the springs a few wrench turns shy of fully tight. This is my first real plow, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, maybe its just me. Maybe it is the fact is a 400 pound plow not an 800 pound plow. Maybe the forward/backward angle of the plow? Maybe a different cutting edge would help (thicker?)?? Thanks guys.

2. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

No one????

3. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Did you have it professionally installed?

4. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

Yes sir...2 years ago now...

5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

That is the nature of that plow. Always plow on an angle, I find that helps.

6. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

Thanks, I see you have one too. Do you think any of the stuff I mentioned above would help?

7. The PuSher MaN

Well you would hope it is correct but if your mount is positioned too high it would steepen the attack angle of the plow making it trip easier. What set of holes is yours set in? Also a poly cutting edge will reduce tripping but obviously you are going to get less wear out of it and the plow will be lighter making it harder to get through deep snow.

8. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

I'm in the lower holes, so there is nothing I can do there. Where can I find a poly edge for my plow?

9. The PuSher MaN

Blizzard makes poly edges I just dont know if they make one for your blade. Talk with your dealer about it.

10. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I put my 680 together when i bought it new. I think the owners manual states (or someone told me) to adjust the springs just enough to get a business card in between the coils. Thats what i did and very rarely does my plow trip. Also i have a reinforced 1/2 in cutting edge on mine i had made from the local welding shop. Good luck and let us know if anything helps; as I want to upgrade to a 720 moldboard:waving:

11. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

You can always add a trip spring to it.