1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

72 W300 Power Wagon-cummins

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dodgesnofiter, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Would you like to sell it?

2. Maybe in the future but right now I am enjoying preserving the ole girl. Love collecting the 72-74's especially. Thanks for asking.

3. Mark Oomkes

I kinda figured, she looks beautiful for being that old. I started my career in a 1980 W200, that was a great truck.

The one I really miss is the '82 W250 with a 318 4 barrel and not sure of the gearing, but that thing was a workhorse. Should've never sold it.

4. I appreciate you asking, it is a compliment. I like to restore the 72-early 80's trucks, especially these 72-74's as they had certain advantages. This one is in no way restored. I only got it in state inspection condition. I am looking to find some work trucks and plows to bring back in different levels for contractors to use. I figure not everyone can afford 50k plus for a new truck. But 5k might be more doable for a guy starting out. I believe in serving, helping others.

5. Mark Oomkes

I'd love one of the older ones with a 12v in it.

Keep posting pics of your projects.

6. Yes I like the 89-93 especially the W350 single rear wheel trucks.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's sick. That plow gear must weigh as much as the truck. lol

8. Lol. True, thank God for the Cummins or it wouldn't move too well. It was 11k pounds last time I weighed it.

9. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I started my landscaping & plowing business with an 85 w150 with a 318 that I later upgraded with a 4 barrel Holley & an edelbrock performer manifold. That truck was my workhorse up until 2010!

10. So true, there is something about that generation of dodge trucks 72-93, maybe its the wheelbase. But they could push snow.

11. Still no snow here so yes I would sell it. Sucks that you are so far away. Let me know if you are still interested.

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Nice truck - love me the old girls

13. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Love it. I plow with a '73 W100, it eats snow for breakfast. What a beast.

I've restored it mostly but need a cab. You happen to have any extra or know where I can get one? That's pretty much the final piece of the restoration puzzle that I'm missing. . .need doors as well.

Was just prepping a new (used) radiator support this afternoon that I plan to swap in once plow season is over.

14. You can personal message me on facebook. My name is Sean Fitzgerald. We can help each other with parts etc. I do see a guy in hermon, maine with parts and trucks all the time. There are lots of dodges up near you. But hit me up if you need help. I dont have a cab as i too am looking for the correct year cab for mine. Thanks for the response.

15. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks, I'll get in touch (not on FB, but will PM you on plowsite).

I have not seen a clean cab in Maine for a coon's age. I've started to sniff around online for stuff out west and down south, sounds like there are plenty to be had in those areas.

There's a guy in Oklahoma who actually offered to give me his old D100 cab for free, I would just need to figure out how to get it out here.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a W300 cab. DodgeTalk is a good group to check in with periodically.