1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

72 Scout II with Western

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cocco78, Feb 15, 2004.

1. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Talk about a beast, this thing weighs more than a F350... 345V8, auto, factory rear trac loc, Western plow... I cut the fenders out, well what was left of them, to fit 33x12.5 courser at's for a little better traction. Previous meats were dry rotted bias ply snow tires...

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You wern't kidding, that is a beast, hey as long as the heater works, you could'nt ask for a better payup maker !!
  3. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

Looks good to me. Our first plow truck was an old international pickup. It got the job done, but parts were almost impossible to find for it. Caught on fire three different times, but it still kept on plowing. We finally upgraded to a 77 chev that is in need of a visit to the junk yard. What ever gets the snow moved.:drinkup:
  4. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

Over the years i owned three ih's 2 travelers and one piuckup. They were awsome snow movers,boxed frame and heavy duty components.
  5. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Mechanically they are very heavy duty. To bad electrically they are so very underbuilt its not even funny and kinda dangerous!
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I bet that puppy will go anywhere. :eek: