Snow Plowing Forum banner

72-93 Dodge frame/push plate differences?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sweetk30 
#1 ·
Western offered one frame I think for all fullsize Dodge and ramcharger 72-93, at least I can only find one model. Fisher has several different ones, for W150's, ramchargers, and then what concerns me most, the W250-350's, 72-90, 91, and 92-3. Is this to clear different grilles/bumpers, because it curls around the front of the truck, while the Western goes behind the bumper? For the W250/350, they all have the same pushbeam, but all have different pushplates, and the 91 and 92-3 have a separate side hanger bracket that looks like it uses most of the bumper bolts, while the 72-90 looks like an upside down J and uses one large bolt. Why the difference in the pushplates, does this have something to do w/ the grill change/LE bumper w/ guards coming out in 91? What about the 92-3 change? Will a 72-90 setup fit on a 91-3 or will It hit the bumper/something else? Thanks.

#2 ·
western ran 1 aframe tab width. were the aframe clips/pins in to the truck side.

fisher has light duty for 1/2 tons and 3/4 ton to 1 ton had a hd option. the aframe ears were farther apart on the hd units. and the main plates that bolt to the truck on light duty compaired to heavy duty were the next gauge steel thicker also.

so the trucks were basicly the same but the plow frame work was much beefyer on fisher heavy duty stuff 8ft and wider plows.

and the last few years had cummins motors with inter coolers so the clearence was diffrent i bet.

hope this helps. ;)

#4 ·
the design is not realy diffrent. its the thickness of the steel and the width of the tab/ears gives them away for ld or hd.

i can take pics of my hd on my chevy if need be.

#5 ·
The problem is, the pushbeams on some of the light dutys are listed as 26 7/8" on some and 27 on others, but have the same part #, the 250/350 ones are listed as 27 and have a different part #, so hard to differentiate by measuring. I think I'm looking at a HD setup, the drawings on Fisher's site are clearer for those. The 150/ramcharger ones are pretty vague.

#6 ·
measure the ear spacing on the plow aframe. and post it up. we can tell you what it is.

and 7ft 6 in down is light duty with 3 trip springs. and 8ft up is hd with 4 trip springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.