1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7192 7169 gm plow frame question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by justin13, Jan 19, 2014.

1. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

ok so I have a 7192 and I would like to try and put it on a 03 chevy 3500 I know it calls for a 7169(02-10). I just don't know how much of a difference there is between the two. from what I understand the gm truck frame didn't change from 10 to 11 so why did the fisher plow frame change? amy help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Justin

2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I can't recall the part numbers but I know the earlier trucks had a smaller front bumper/ grill didn't come out as far, it may work on your truck but you may not be able to raise the hood, but don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% sure.I had a 2000 gmc 2500 new body style and that truck called for either of the two, my 2004 only called for the newer one, I think the original (shorter version) was discontinued and they use the longer (newer version) the frame is identical, it's just the bumper that sticks out a little farther requiring the longer push plates. I hope I didn't confuse you.

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

The plates are a lot different, I wouldn't even attempt to try those 7192 plates on that 03 chevy, if you want I would trade you for the right plates.

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Actually, not only did the truck frame change, but so did just about every single last piece of the underside of those trucks change in 2011.

7192 doesn't work on a 2003. Not even close.

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

x2 whole new frame and suspension setup on 2011+ HD's