1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7060 kubota plowing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by tom5301, Dec 24, 2014.

1. tom5301

tom5301 Member

For all the guys out there that plow with tractors we just bought a 70 hp kubota wondering how good they plow with a push box and how big of a parking lot u need to put it in?We bought it to brush hog but some extra money now wouldn't hurt.
  2. aslc

aslc Junior Member
    from iowa

10' box max
    Straight lots and pushes
    Small lots(you will be overwhelmed otherwise)
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

PM member Merrimacmill. He had 3 7040's and pushed with boxes on 2 of them for several years. Same tractor as yours just the former model.

I'm pretty sure they were 10' rubber edge Protech's and the videos I saw were in a Lowes parking lot. I'd bet one could handle a 12 foot box if it were a low resistance pusher, IE Arctic, Metal Pless Liveboxx, etc. A frame mount would help over loader mount, for sure.

I'd probably try to stay under 5 acres and in straight(ish) lines. Cast wheels, filled tires, and counter weight on the 3point will be your friend.
  4. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I just picked up a new M7060 and have used it for the last 2 events we have had. It works great!!
    I am pushing a 9' pusher and run a 80" blower on the rear, haven't had any issues with it pushing or blowing yet, feel free to ask any questions and I will be sure to reply
  5. orange toys

orange toys Member

Any pics of the set up? Im thinking this maybe my next for a coulpe properties i have