1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

700r4 Transmission Hard Downshift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plummermark2002, Feb 19, 2004.

1. plummermark2002

plummermark2002 Member

I HAVE A 1986 CAMARO IROCZ28 305 TPI, I HAVE A 700R4 TRANSMISSION IN IT AND IT DOWN SHIFTS REALLY HARD LIKE IT SLAMS INTO LOW, WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS? ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! PLUMMERMARK2002!!!

2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Bad pressure regulator? out of adjustment on the throttle detent cable? Vacuum issues?

3. plummermark2002

plummermark2002 Member

i don't really understand what you mean by a bad regulator could be the problem, where is the regulator located on my car? sorry i really don't know alot about car's, or about iroc's that is.plummermark 2002!

4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Its a valve in the valvebody of the transmission that regulates the line pressure from the pump. If this is completely foreign to you, you probably want to bring your car to a transmission shop.

5. plummermark2002

plummermark2002 Member

I just might do that, thanks for the info.plummermark2002..