1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

700r4 to TH400

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tomk, Jun 10, 2005.

1. tomk

tomk Junior Member
    from BC

I'm switching my '83 Suburban 700r4 to a turbo 400 (cheaper) I know I need to change rear mount and run a vacuum line from the intake manifold to the transmission, but I'm not sure about the 4 plug connector on the 700r4 vs the downshift solenoid on the TH 400. Do one of the wires out of the four just go the the kickdown solenoid? Can you tell me which one? What happens if I don't hook up any wires?

Thanks for the help!

Tom

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

No wires = no kickdown on a TH400. I believe the TH700R4 uses a kickdown cable just like the TH200 and TH350.

3. tomk

tomk Junior Member
    from BC

further question (clarification)

I believe the TH-400 has a kickdown solenoid, with the electrical connection located at the rear of the transmission. Will one of the wires that used to be on the 700r4's four connections be connected to the solenoid to downshift?

Thanks