1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

700lb Fisher 7.5 on an F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by eric_mc, Sep 16, 2009.

1. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

I found an older MM1 Fisher plow which the owner thinks is an RD (from '95) which would make it a tad on the heavy side (700 lbs) for a F150.

I have heard some people do go ahead and put them on the F150 without problems - especially with the timbrens on the front. So - I am considering buying it, but wanted to see if anyone else has tried a plow that heavy for the F150.

I am not doing more than a couple driveways- mine and some friends. No commercial. F150 is a 2005 King Ranch.

2. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Personally I wouldn't want to put that much weight on the front of a super crew.
  3. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

i just put a new curtis on my 02 f-150 extended cab,book says it wieghs 750 lbs.it handels it ok,i have a set of timbrens o the way that need to go it though.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Eric - how far away are your friends? If they are just around the corner, you should be OK. Just keep your speed down when traveling with the plow. Obviously the LD/SD would be preferable, but as you now know, they are tough to find at a reasonable price. I will say this, generally the MM2 is easier to mount up than the MM1. Are you a mechanical kind of guy? Where will you be keeping the plow?

Are there any other brands popular in your area you might consider?
  5. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.

2COR - friends are as far as 10 miles away - i don't HAVE to plow them - but would like the option to have some mobility if needed in a jam. Noted on the difficulty mounting the MM1 over MM2 - but for the savings, I think I can handle the extra difficulty. Will be keeping the plow at my house - the primary plow site for me....so literally would attach the plow, drive down my driveway and back up and remove the plow 95% of the time - but there is always that other 5% where it would be NICE to get around with the plow......

I would consider other brands - but fisher seems to be the most popular around here....and the best value.
  6. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

ive got a 7'6" mm2 on my 99 supercab and it handles it great, torsion bars are maxed and its in 285/75 nitto terra grapplers, I got timbrens, just havent installed them yet....theyre going in when i have it up on the lift to do the add a leaf and the locker. I'd reccommend timbrens just to make it a little easier on the suspension itself.