1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7' Western, mid eighties chevy mount,$600 obo

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ironman offroad, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ironman offroad

ironman offroad Junior Member

This complete plow came off mid eighties chevy truck and is good condition with a new joy stick and cables and wear bar. Needs new lights.
    $600 obo
    located in Midland MI
    989 832 7538

plow 003.jpg

plow 002.jpg

2. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

when you say it is off of a mid 80's chevy truck, do you mean like an 85-86-87??? Before the body style change in 88? I have a 82 3/4 Chevy that I am looking for a plow and mount for.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That will fit on anything back to a 1973 til the body change in 1988 from the way it looks.

4. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

I am interested, but you are more than 8 hours from me. Would you be willing to meet half way, say like Gary, IN or somewhere near there??? If so, I will call you to discuss.

5. ironman offroad

It will fit your 82, it came off 85, for the asking price I would meet you in say Battle creek or Kalmazoo.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  6. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

ok, we might just have a deal here.

7. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

when was the last time it was in use?? it has all of the harnesses? you said all that it needs is lights?

8. ironman offroad

Yes, all it needs is new lights as the ones present in the pic are nothing more than driving lights one would put on a bumper.

I bought an 86 GMC 3 weeks ago and this plow was part of the package and was bought off from Craigslist to put onto this truck just before I bought it. I am not sure when it last plowed snow but I do know it was on a vehicle and operating just before Christmas. I can only tell you what I have been told about it as I have never used it.

It was a friend of mine who picked it up and was going to put it onto this 86, long story short I bought the truck before he mounted the plow and after plowing comercially for 6 years myself I wanted nothing to do with it. lol

I now do my driveway with a quad and have no interest in any other plow jobs. Attached is a pic of the new joystick and cables and another veiw

plow 001.jpg

plow 004.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  9. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

I am pretty sure I would like to buy this plow off of you. I will give you a call tomorrow morning to see about either getting you some money or meeting in Kalamazoo like we discussed. I had a plow bought, but the guy sold it out from under me before I could arrange a time to pick it up. I guess a spoken promise doesn't go too far these days.

10. ironman offroad

It is up to you how you want to handle it, you can call me and make arrangements and we will go from there.

11. ironman offroad

Bump to the top

12. ironman offroad

new price, how does $500 sound, need it to go away

13. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

do u still have and would u be willing to sell the mount with out pump and controls all i nee is the mount and will u ship it thanks dale