1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7' vs 7'6" Boss Sport Duty

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Mabepossibly, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

When I moved from my Jeep to a Sierra I kept my 7' Boss Sportduty and mounted it on the Sierra. The plow is just about as wide as the truck and even a slight turn has me running over my piles. My driveway is straight so it has not been a big issue. But this winter I will likely be doing my FDs lot which has some turns. Clearly the truck would have no issue pushing a 7'6" plow.

Does anyone think that would be worth the cost?
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A 7' plow is way to small for a full size truck. You should definitely get a 7.5' plow for your truck. You could probably buy a good used 7.5' Boss and sell your 7' and come out about even or you could just buy a 7.5' blade for the plow you have now. I'm not positive but, I think if you put any Boss bigger than a Sport Duty you will need new push plates but the wirering should be the same.
  3. BradF

BradF Junior Member

I have a new condition Boss 7 ft 6 in sport duty blade that I would be willing to trade for a 7.0 ft sport blade in the same condition if that is any interest to you