1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7 Footer on an f150?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rclay11541, Nov 26, 2005.

1. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

Hey guys,
    Got a 7 foot plow for free today and id like to put it on my f150. Ive used 7.5 and 8 footers on f150's before but never a 7. What do you guys think is it too small to plow with?

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Since you got it for free, I'll say go ahead and use it. But get a set of wings for it.

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Set of Pro-Wings, $200, make your plow bout 8.5' (give or take a few). The 7' I don't think will be wide enough to cover its own tire tracks, meaning your tires are always in the snow. Thats not good, packs snow down, tires pack with snow, you can get stuck easier, etc. The wings will not only widen the plow, they will also give it more of a scoop shape which will be great for moving the snow and cleanup on the jobs as well. Unless you wait to plow till the snow is too deep, i don't beleive you'll have any trouble with the width either. Friend has a 8' Western on a Chevy 1/2 ton and it plows great!

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Try it. If you dont like it you can always sell it. :drinkup: