1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7 acre lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowryno, Jan 29, 2008.

1. snowryno

snowryno Junior Member
    from iowa

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how far a F250 V10 with a 9ft v-scoop could push snow? I know the density, the # of inches and other variables come in to play but give me scenarios. Also any idea on the productivity of a loader &16 ft pusher/ acre per hour?

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Since nobody else will chime in, here goes. The F250 will push the 9 ft plow just as far as you want it to. The 16 ft box plow on the proper size loader will do about the same as 3 or 4 pickups.

3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

first what are u working with equipment wise
    # trucks
    salters
    what kind of "loader" wheel , backhoe , or skid loader,
    to push a 16 foot box u need at least a 100 hp loader.. or to do it effictily without beatin on the machine..
    variables. ice, drifts breakdowns, empliyies

is the lot a large square with light poles, shoping cart "retainers" where u put the carts. small or large islands or large planting areas, open 24/7 traffic

where are u putting the snow, push to eah side or there are sertian places to put snow, need to be hauled out .

can you store salt on site??

well think it over

sorry for the spellin had a few :drinkup: day off tomarrow

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Well this should help:

2"-4" 4"-6" 6"-8" 8"-12"
    8' Blade 10:28 13:05 15:41 18:18
    8' w/wings 10:22 13:04 15:32 18:03
    9' Blade 8:25 10:32 12:38 15:09
    9' w/wings 8:20 10:25 12:30 15:07
    10' Pushbox 4:00 5:24 6:00 7:36

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

pickup vrs loader

In my experience a 7 acre lot becomes to big to do with just pickups. A 100 hp tractor with a 8'-14' expandable pusher does about 2 acres an hour, in 4 inches. That is with a minimum of obstacles. My loader with a 16 ft box plow and 6' wings does it in halve the time. The loader also pushes the piles way high, losing less parking lot to store snow.
    I try never to have more than 6 inches down to push.
    Hope that helps

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

7 acres - on a 2" snow fall with truck about 10 hours with no islands.
    7 acres - on a 12" snow fall with truck about 10 hours until you break truck, loose contract and get sued from slip and fall.

7 acres - on 2" snow fall with 16' protech and 3 yard loader. 2 hours
    7 acres - on 12" snow fall with 16' protech and 3 yard loader. 7 hours

You still will need a truck to get tight areas and run curb lines. I have many people who tell me a snow pushers are a waste. Then I have them watch the 16' protech that belongs to my partner. It does about an acre every 15 minutes or less. Jaw drops, hits ground and they usually just start to drool.

But really 7 acres could be done with a truck and skidsteer with an 8' protech with a good operator. But it would be best done with a truck and 12' backhoe. A 16' might be just a little to big. My partner and myself have a 16' on our 35 acre sit and the other 16' on a 47 acre lot. Along with lots of smaller pushers.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a perfect explanation and funny too!:drinkup:

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

HAHA isnt that the truth the ford i have been running most of the time this year hasnt made it more than 10 hours before it or its plow breaks down.

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

for my truck plowing i have never run out of power while pushing. even in the V it will still push along with a good size pile with any excess just falling off to the sides of the plow. now if you had a blizzard 8611 then i could see you running our of power.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You sure it's not the driver!:D j/k

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

HA i can run one of our chevys all day long and have no problems and the second i get into the ford everything starts breaking wierd huh.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That is weird, I thought Ford was the best truck ever made!:rolleyes:

13. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i used to break all the gms at work
    thou my ford breaks too its a hard life out there anybody who dosent break something inst driving or something

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

"If you havn't broken anything, you havn't done anything" That's what my dad says anyway.:drinkup:

15. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I thought that was a Toyota? :rolleyes: Aren't imports unbreakable?

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry I meant Toyota!! No hard feeling, fellow canadian!tymusic

17. derekbroerse

Hahahahaha....

Come on, I'd even rather drive a Ford than a Toyoyo truck..... especially the TuRD package... like I want to advertise to people that my truck is a piece of crap! LOL (Ok ok ok just kidding guys calm down.... I've been laughing ever since they brought out the TRD nameplate...)

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmmmm Toyo or Ford Hmmmmmmmm:D

19. derekbroerse

Meh... I'd take the Furd any day... especially if it was the last gen SD with a 7.3 diesel...

Anyways, as much fun as it is to stir the rice pot, I think we got a little off topic... :D

20. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

My ford pushes snow till the plow is full then it leaves winrows