1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.6 uni pro plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bill1090, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Bill1090

Bill1090 PlowSite Veteran

Decided I want to get a 7.6 used pro plow I found from a guy who has a couple. Ive gone through about 70 pages on here and I still dont know what to do. I want to put it on my 95 chevy 1500 but keep wondering if it will be too heavy. Im hoping next year to have a 3/4 or 1 ton to expand my lawn care busniess. Would my 1500 work for this season to have that heavy of a plow on? I dont have much to do, hopefully a couple small commercials and some drives? Any ideas?

2. soundzplus

soundzplus Junior Member

A 7.6 pro plow should work just fine on your 1500. I have installed several of those same plows onto 88-98 chevy trucks with absolutely no problems. If you want to be 100% safe, put timbrens on the front and you will be fine. truckspring.com has the best prices from what I have found.

3. Bill1090

ok thanks, guess I just needed some piece of mind

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

It will work just fine on your 1/2 ton !

Just a word of caution on buying a uni-mount................
    Most of the truck side mounts are discontinued and very $pendy used !
    Also the truck side wiring harnesses are avail. but $pendy also so don't just limit
    your search to just a uni mount as a ultra mount will also work !

It would be ideal to find a unit that came off the same truck as you have now!

Also a Meyer or any other major brand plow would also be a good choice as long
    as the price is right and it fits your truck so don't just consider a Western if your
    shopping used!

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

6. Bill1090

thanks guys. the plow is suppose to have all wiring/mount and stuff to fit my truck or the place selling it said the could get me one.me one.

7. sonjaab

How much for the plow set up?

As you can see by the links above a uni mount push bar used is $600 bucks!

Just use caution and make sure everything fits your truck as I have seen others here
    spend as much to buy and mount a used unit to their truck when they could of
    bought NEW for a few bucks more!

8. Bill1090

its 1800 for everything. the place has been getting them in so i dont know if a plowing company is updating or what. if its not what I want i might end up getting new

9. sonjaab

$1800 installed complete is a pretty good deal !

10. Bill1090

Yeah that's what I thought. He had pictures of another that he had and it looked good. I guess I have to wait till a couple more come in this week. Its getting chilly here time to think snow I'm sick of mowing lol