1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7-6 superduty boss wont lock

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bluefishbob, Jan 5, 2010.

1. bluefishbob

bluefishbob Junior Member
    from erie pa

7-6 superduty boss. new last feb. when i push snow it will sometimes angle by itself. when it happens i can get out of my truck and push my plow and make the pistons move 6 inches. i have flushed out the fluid and tried a new controller. any ideas?

2. White Knight

White Knight Member

The straight blade has a crossover relief valve. Is it a powered angle ie motor running or is it just pushing past relief? It sounds to me like the relief valve isn’t seating properly if you can manually push it back.

3. bluefishbob

from erie pa

pushing past relief. No motor runnin when it happens. Have you had a pressure relef valve fail on you?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have the angle relief valve replaced under warranty as thats whats wrong with it. Its a 5 minute job to replace and you'll be up and running.

5. bluefishbob

from erie pa

Well, Had it to the dealer and they replaced angle valve? no change. brought back and they replaced pressure relief valve. again did not fix. last night when i triedto hook it up to my truck the assist did not work (toggle switch outside) pump runs but piston does nothing. used a jack to hook up. everything seems to work with the controller. I love my Boss but just wish i could be done with repairs.............

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pressure relief valve..for the pump or for the angle relief? Have to assume for the angle relief.

Sounds like they may have knocked a wire loose under the pump cover while they were in there addressing the other matter.