1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.6 super v quote

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by chris.outdoor, Dec 8, 2010.

1. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

Ok i got a quote for the new 7.6 super V for my 2004 Ram 1500 5.7 the quote was for roughly $5,200.00 !! :laughing: i already have a diamond 7.6 on the truck... id just need the blade and my buddy JUST bought a snow dogg 9.2 V plow for $4200!!!... is it just me or is this meyer V a rip off??? i couldnt beleave it, i almost fell over!. or am i just in for a rude awakening :confused:

2. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

You'd need everything except the mount for your truck, the hydraulics and wiring is completely different from your straight blade. The price seems to be about right, most V's start around $4800 with the snow dogg being the cheapest in the industry.

3. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

It may be a little high i bought an 8.6 last year for 5200. the wiring isnt completely different when i got mine i got a credit because about 90 percent of it is the same. dont be lured by snowdoggs cheaper prices youll be glad you spent the extra the first time you hook it up.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowdogg's are a great value and seem to have some of the best customer support in the industry. I've looked at these plows extensively at a few different fairs and they are very well built (regardless of what others say). If you need more proof, check out the snowdogg forum and see what the owners are saying about them. The only issue they had was the first batch had some vavle block issues that were fixed quickly by Snowdogg.

I've also checked out the Meyer and they are much better than they used to be but for some reason are charging a premium. Where did your buddy pick up his plow from?

5. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

Meyer is no more out of touch than any one else, snowdoggs are well built but there mount system is not very good u have to do to much work to get them on, other than there nount I think it is a good plow but it is the heaviest on the market

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah the mounts not the greatest by far, but I also have a Minute Mount 1 LOL

7. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

my buddy got his v plow at candia trailer in candia. my dad has a snow dogg 8ft straight blade and he had everything but the blade replaced last year so we will see how this year goes :confused: and for that price i will most likely upgrade my truck this spring and this summer get the boss vxt with wings. i just couldnt beleave the price was more than the 9ft V

8. mjones

mjones Junior Member
    from indy

in 1999 i broke my meyer v blade where it hinges in the center broke the upper pin and took it back where i bought it and traded it for a straight blade